Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. Ocean Connectors values our customers’ privacy and we have made it a policy to provide online content that requires minimal collection of information from visitors. Information which may be obtained is not sold, rented, or provided to any third party and is not used internally for any purpose other than to enhance your experience on our websites, to issue and deliver a receipt, and to provide services and/or updates related to Ocean Connectors. Furthermore, to better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
We take seriously our responsibility to our many young customers. Ocean Connectors websites have been designed for adults to use and enjoy, but they also have been designed to be accessible and safe for kids of all ages, and to adhere to all applicable laws and regulations. Children under the age of 13 and their parents/guardians should review the section below, which discusses the special steps we take for children who may visit our pages.
A Word About Youth Privacy
Our websites have been designed to be accessible and safe for kids of all ages, and there are some extra precautions we take, with respect to collecting information from children under the age of 13.
- We never share your child’s personally identifiable information with third parties.
- We do not require a child to provide more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity. (According to the FTC, website operators are not permitted to collect more information than is needed for a child to participate in an online activity.)
- Our websites do offer activities that allow your child to disclose your child’s personal information publicly. Please instruct your child to never arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone they met online; never give out personal identifying information such as their name, home address, school name, address, team name; never respond to messages or bulletin board postings that are suggestive, obscene, belligerent, or harassing. Visit www.NetSmartz.org for more information about internet safety.
- If you would like to review personally identifiable information about your child that we have on file, or request that certain information be changed or deleted, please write to Ocean Connectors at PO Box 34103 San Diego, California 92163 U.S.
Information Actively Provided by Our Visitors
Ocean Connectors does not require visitors to register or provide any information before using our websites. However, there are several places where visitors may choose to provide personally identifiable information about themselves or other people. Ocean Connectors will use the information for solely the purpose the information was provided. For example:
- Message Board: On the Message Board page, visitors can submit comments and/or ask questions. The personally identifiable information collected includes name and e-mail address. If approved, your name and post will appear publicly on the website. We save e-mail addresses internally from Message Board posts in order to respond and provide information about Ocean Connectors. All visitors under the age of 13 should gain permission from a parent/guardian prior to using the Message Board.
- E-mail Newsletter: Some of our pages permit you to register to receive our e-mail newsletter and/or updates in the future by providing your e-mail address. Any e-mail you receive from Ocean Connectors will contain a link that allows you to change your preference or unsubscribe from this informational service at any time. Clicking that link will lead to a page where you can immediately cancel your subscription.
- Donation/Payment: Some of our pages permit you to make a donation and/or payment to Ocean Connectors, which requires that you enter your full name, contact information, payment method, and other information. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes or after a transaction. Donation/payment information is used to provide confirmation receipt and information about Ocean Connectors.
Partners, Affiliates, and Schools
Ocean Connectors has some business partners with whom we may operate some of our pages and share information about our audience and/or website visitation. We share demographic information regarding our audience, guides, student and/or parent volunteers, instructors, docents, and chaperones with school districts, allied organizations, funders, and educators for purposes of conducting program evaluations, security screenings, and planning.
Aggregate information about which pages visitors access or visit is used for internal review as we continue to improve our websites. Non-personally identifiable aggregate information may be shared with third parties to support newsletters, blogs, social media, and other media related to the Ocean Connectors website and online services. If you prefer not to allow us to collect this information, you can do so by turning off the cookies in your browser, although some areas of our websites may not function properly. We do not share e-mail addresses with any other company or organization.
Links to Other Websites
Ocean Connectors websites link only to other sites which are appropriate for visitors to our pages, including kids. However, online content can change quickly, so we cannot guarantee the appropriateness of the content of websites we link to.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Finally, we never use or share the information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out, unsubscribe, or otherwise prohibit such uses.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
You may review you or your child’s personally identifiable information, have it deleted, and/or withdraw permission for its continued use by Ocean Connectors by contacting us at the address above. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)